Tuesday 12 February 2008

Happy Daze.

The picture above was taken on hill above my house today....a rather wonderful day for mid february. As soon as one gets away from the rich diverse multi cultural wonderlands that pass as English cities nowadays its pretty easy to be reminded of what has been lost and what we are still loosing.I'm not dreaming of some agrarian paradise as I'm aware of just how early, England industrialised but I am sorry that the living vital countryside I spent much of my childhood in seems to have disapeared, or to have been abandoned by nulabour as noncore to its needs.Any country that wishes to be vital and forward looking has to have room for its people to take a step back wether for an hour or a year and appreciate what has gone before and realise the essential timelessness of the land. I miss California...but days like this go a long way to making me feel that all is well with the world.

No comments: