Tuesday 19 August 2008

Halcyon days.

I enjoyed my childhood in England but according to this report it is not a childhood afforded to today's children. It is hard not to agree with most of the authors points...even for those with enough money to buy a better life for their children.My childhood was not made better by money...we had none...but by an old fashioned working class family that retained the dignity once carried by all English families. My daughter Princess OTW will I hope enjoy her time in England but her future no longer lies within Britain's shores.

3 comments:

Putz said...

what are you saying, you don't intend to raise your daughter in good ole englsnd????i didna think your stay here was permanent?????

Putz said...

i value your opion, go to my post, blog and tell me what you think of my 'LIST'

Trubes said...

Glad you are enjoying the Californian sunshine Thud.
I too was raised in Liverpool by hard working parents.
We didn't have a lot of money but we were well fed and loved.
Hope you do come back to dear old Blighty but I don't blame you if you don't.


Di.xx

PS.I've posted a new yarn on my site about the contentious issue of Mothers-in-Law.