Sunday 26 October 2008

Backstreet treasures

The above pic is the last one I plan to post of my recent trip to lucca....I need an excuse to go back and take more pics...on second thoughts...who needs an excuse? The picture shows a dividing fence from the entrance of a building to its interior garden.The fence has been made from wood carved in the form of halberds.I have no idea why or if indeed they have any significance but I am yet again bowled over by the amount of beauty such backstreet locations in Italy provide. I don't need to visit places that provide tourists with exciting adventures nor do I wish to parasail etc on my free time...I just want to poke around forgotten backstreets and hopefuly fill myself with good food and drink...something that Italy has in abundance.

5 comments:

Electro-Kevin said...

You can find that in Britain too. Except you pay through the nose for the food.

Putz said...

you can't find that in usa, not the really good food or the beautiful old world gardens...my wife is a fourth italian

Vinogirl said...

Wonder if Vinomaker can whip me up a quick fence of those to keep V1 out of the grapes...or at least just one to poke her in the bum from a distance!

Vinogirl said...

Oops, meant V2. V1 is a good girl.

NotClauswitz said...

Halbeards or Pikes - which was better?
I suppose in the mid-East the Araby-types carve AK's on the tops of their fences, or just weld the bits of trash there. ;-)