Monday 5 January 2009

Jack Frost

The temperature tonight is forecast to drop as low as -9 degrees, very cold for England although it probably counts as rather warm for some people who are reading this. It is a cliche I know, but sitting by warm open fire tonight with family after having eaten a good hearty meal is one of lifes simple pleasures and none the less for that. I still remember the ice on the inside of the windows when getting up for school in the morning, something I imagine not many people have to contend with here nowadays. Leaving for school to a landscape made magical by the stark black and white world of a heavy frost made the walk (no suv's then!) to school pleasurable...no mean feat for a school hater such as myself....that love of snow,frost and ice has never left me.

3 comments:

JPT said...

To my mind, this winter so far is just an average winter of old.
I've been keeping weather records myself for nearly thirty years (since 1980 when I was just 17) and I'm going to check up on a few things and blog about it later!
I also remember frosted glass and a love of snow, ice and frost has never left me!

Lord Roby said...

-11 and 6 inches of snow on the way in to work this morning.Just the ticket!But my ears looked and felt like they had been in a fight after only 10 mins exposure.Global warming has got a lot to answer for!!

Vinogirl said...

My favourite type of weather :)