Thursday 29 October 2009

A not so distant past

A comment by Mr Higham about old pictures of the Wirral had me trawling the web for an hour or two today wondering at the lives once led by previous inhabitants of the villages and towns near my home. This exhibition caught my eye and as it is being held only a short journey from my home I will attend if still showing upon my return. The pictures fascinate me in their innocence and mystery...buy the book that goes with them, as it has to be a great read and the money goes to a great cause.

3 comments:

Vinogirl said...

It's on until May 2010...so I think you'll make it.

James Higham said...

Love it. Truly do. Isn't there just something about these old prints? I could wander one of those galleries for hours.

Anonymous said...

You might like to see some more cracking piccys.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1223701/One-family-play-lost-England-Precious-glass-negatives-provide-intimate-glimpse-life-Edwardian-family.html