Wednesday 14 April 2010

Beanz meanz Heinz

Princess OTW spent the morning learning to mix and pour concrete...not bad for a two year old. As a reward for her hard work she was allowed to eat her beans on toast lunch out in the courtyard with the chaps,something she enjoyed immensely. In the pic our white van can be seen in all its ramshackle glory, as unlike many effete pick up driving modern builders we still believe white van man rules! Bimbling up to the pub after work on Friday and disgorging a horde of thirsty builders only works if the motley crew emerges from the back of a transit van...I'm such a stickler for tradition.

6 comments:

Vinogirl said...

I hope she was wearing decent work gloves!

Electro-Kevin said...

I've had a few white van men up my arse. Is there a gizmo which makes 'em drive like total hoons ?

Trubes said...

To drive a white van in Liverpool is cool, particularly if the builders wear brownish beige boots, with their jean tucked in...
Princess OTW certainly has some style, mixing with such an elite group.
It is moi coming in under the Rochdale label, I tried to change it to Liverpool but it didn't happen!

BTW Did you know the Tai Pan has been closed down Thud...Something to do with illegals, rumour has it!
I'm gutted.
Also I'm on facebook now and, as usual, fumbling my way around!

Di.xx

monkey said...

hmmm we will have to get mrs otw to drive us all up in the back of the van to fully enjoy a session on the trappers hat. coke and crisps of course for the young apprentice.

Anonymous said...

It's hard to tell who works for who and who is in charge at Thud's new house,but I suspect the both princesses are in charge,white van man phewee every time I go for a cycle ride around that area white van man uses me as a target,found an iromongers in Mold it's like the tardis,it's ye oldie type full of allsorts,from paint,kitchen and garden and lots more suggest you leave your money/plastic behind if you have time to visit the place,we go to the market on wed and sat, the parking is bloody expensive,20p for all day :-),I jest you not.

Tim Leatherbarrow said...

Ahh but do you remember the old days of white vans without seatbelts ,but you could slide the door back. Driving around with the door wide open lweaning on your knee as your foot was resting on the big bulbous wheelarch...
Nostalgic Bob the builder