Friday 23 July 2010

Star spangled massacre

I attended my third rodeo last night with the Utah clan and with my ever increasing knowledge of all things cowboy I had a great time. Granted I'm still pretty unsure as to what the hell everybody is up to but I can now tell the cowboys from the cowgirls. The evening started with a young lady singing a rendition of the American national anthem, a tune I am quite fond of even if it is a tad maudlin. A difficult song to sing well, the poor young lady in question had a rather difficult time of it, but it is the message that counts I suppose. The rest of the evening was a mix of thrills, spills and very un P.C. comments from the rodeo clown, a creature unbeknownst to me but rather funny in a very middle American non European way...roll on next year.

7 comments:

L8 Teener said...

Looks like a mean horse that 1. Hope use were sporting the cowboy hats and not looking so touristy.

monkey said...

so very very jealous

L8 Teener said...

In the night garden in sefton park doesnt seem to compare.

Putz said...

were you at that american fork rodio>>>we went to it also

James Higham said...

Were you sitting in one of those makeshift stands with the wooden benches?

I didn't understand a lot about rodeos either at my one and only so I can imagine how it was for you there.

Vinogirl said...

Great action shot...and the Wasatch make for a great backdrop!

BobG said...

Haven't been to a rodeo in a few years.