Sunday 4 September 2011

Home again

In an attempt to shake off the killer jetlag, the girls and I spent this morning taking stock of what our absence had wreaked upon the garden. A combination of lots of rain and some sun had made my reasonably tidy acres into something resembling a jungle. Fighting through the rampant greenery the girls and I managed to collect a sample of fruit on offer and hopefully tomorrow we will see just what veggies have survived my workers and the voracious hares and rabbits I am plagued with, as for the squirrels the lack of hazel nuts on the bushes means that next year I plan to have a deficit of squirrels....oh well back to work.

8 comments:

Sen. C.R.O'Blene said...

I just feel like I've come back from a great hol Thudders. The wine posts just do it for me!

And I haven't, but I've read your journal with joy.

Welcome back, and I hope all goes well for you and Clan Thud.

monkey said...

thats great picking and it looks delicious. Dont worry about the tree rats ill sort them little buggers.

Electro-Kevin said...

Hares and squirrels.

What calibre to choose ?

Thud said...

Kev...i only have 12 bore at the moment but I'm looking for a .410 for the missus and little ones plus considering applying for a .22 long rifle semi auto....vermin comes in all sizes.

Vinogirl said...

Those yellow raspberries look yummy!

Albert said...

I am afraid your as bad a Mrs Albert, Vinogirl, showing the blog to her saying Thud is home and she said the same thing, by the way Thud welcome home, now get to work and leave the wildlife alone they were there before you.

NotClauswitz said...

Delish! Sorry I missed your summer here, but what a cool summer it was.

Thud said...

D.C. I'll catch up with you sometime I hope.