Thursday 15 December 2011

Here we go again

The fitting out of the gate lodge is now in full swing now that we have made the place weather tight, something the lads and I appreciate greatly. The stairs in the pic are due for replacement with a set we will hopefully knock together from some old oak we put aside a while ago (everything here gets reused at some time). Working on a small house is not something I get to do very often but the lack of size means using higher quality materials is more affordable and more time can be spent on detail work....we shall see.

7 comments:

James Higham said...

Who does the wiring and plumbing?

Thud said...

James...we do, well more of my mates from Huyton!that is. I,ve kept the same bunch of lads together for a long time now.

monkey said...

Grumpy and stumpy?

Albert said...

Are those two posing for the picture or standing up sleeping, I try to wake them up as I pass by sounding the horn, did you go and see father xmas, further down the village or is that a bit later.

Did number1 son escape by chewing thru the door frame?.

Thud said...

albert...the lad shows more get up and go than my workies! Father Christmas visit is sunday.

Vinogirl said...

R looks warm, but S needs a hat!

phlegmfatale said...

It will be fun to see the progress as you work on this. :)