Thursday 26 May 2016

Scruff

At 20 I was a scruffy sod and as can be seen from the pic I may have been from time to time rather the worse for wear due to a drink or two.I was earning my living as a musician though and so all was forgiven (maybe not by my mum!). This John Peel session for the BBC was recorded by my friends and I not too long after the pic and includes a track 'Jihad' that proved rather popular when we played live and on the radio.In later years when sessions came to be repeated this track was somehow missing! given that even 30 odd years ago I was virulently anti Islamist I don't suppose it comes as much surprise.

9 comments:

James Higham said...

Duane Eddy and Eddie Cochrane had nothing on you.

Thud said...

James...They certainly had more talent!

James Higham said...

There's a post coming up tomorrow at 18:00 at OoL and my place and you're in it. Hope you don't mind. :)

Meanwhile, here's a good group:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ellery_Bop

Thud said...

James...Great!

Vinogirl said...

You were ahead of your time.

Good tunes :)

Scrobs. said...

Did you know John Peel before he went to Radio London?

Good music there, Thud!

James Higham said...

It's up.

Electro-Kevin said...

Well done, Thud. Not many can say they've earned a living playing music, let alone get noticed by eminent DJs.

NotClauswitz said...

What a spiff doo, I couldn't even grow a decent beard until I was 30, and then the hair on top was already going-off. Congrats on the longstanding anti-Islamic standard!