Monday 5 June 2017

Voting

I proudly cast my first vote at 18 for my local M.P. Harold Wilson the labour party premier, from that point on I quickly veered off to the right. Being a Tory in Liverpool is pretty much of a nonstarter in all social interaction even with friends and family, but I've quietly stuck to my guns and I look forward to voting this week. The polls show a narrowing between the two major parties but I still think it shows the inbuilt bias towards labour due to conservative voters not wanting to be identified. Now why would this be? for me its because A. I don't want to end up arguing with most people I know mainly because my arguments tend to get physical quickly...yes I know...I'm an idiot! B. conservatives tend to be busy and have lives beyond identity politics, no idols for us (praise be Maggie). The left just loves a cult of personality and also most of the lazy bastards have nothing else to do other than get pissed/stoned and run around chanting "Jez we can!" So come Thursday I'll vote for May even if I think she is rather gun shy on most issues and then get on with my life.....the left can riot/cry or do whatever it is commies do when thwarted.

4 comments:

Kimbo said...

Ditto - well said. We've got more in common than you realise.
Bob Parrys just done a few turns in his grave !

Thud said...

Keep it quiet...haha!

Vinogirl said...

Sssshhhhh......

NotClauswitz said...

Good on ya! Same thing with being a Republican down in the BayArea - I feel a freedom up here in flyover that I never felt among the Liberal Brahmin Castes of the perpetually petulant.