Monday 13 July 2009

California dreaming again.

Family OTW's next trip to our home in California has been booked for quite a while now but due to circumstances I have not had much chance to think about our next visit. I have found lately though that my thoughts have started to dwell upon California's golden hills at increasingly frequent intervals. I suppose it may have something to do with our rather wet and muggy summer so far, especially when I note the temperature in the area is in the nineties today. The pic above shows a view that always cheers me up as we approach our town when first arriving from SFO, Mt Diablo, our most prominent local landmark. I know California has more problems than I could even dare to write about but for me it is always a place of limitless dreams and potential, easy I suppose when I am just a part time inhabitant but I take my pleasures when and how I can in these trying times.

5 comments:

Lord Roby said...

Did you know that 'It never rains in
Southern California' was written in a greasy spoon in Fulham, by Albert Hammond.I guess you know the feeling.

NotClauswitz said...

It did rain Saturday - for a full three to five minutes! And some of the raindrops even hit the ground before evaporating! But lightning strikes also threatened to spark a brushfire - there's no winning.

Thud said...

DC. an MGA in sunny california....class my good man...sheer class.

Alfie said...

And did you know that Michael Jackson's 'Thriller', 'Rock with you' and 'Off the wall' were all written by a bloke from Cleethorpes, England?

BobG said...

Next time you get over my way, give a holler.

Word verification: gyvnpjpi

Sounds like a Cymraeg word to me...