Saturday 3 April 2010

Easter musings

Amongst the delighted cries of my children unwrapping chocolate eggs and mutilating chocolate bunnies I try to remember just what Easter means. Once, the T.V. schedule showed films of a biblical nature at this time of year but alas no more,too passe it seems. We live in a time and in my case a country in which religion is seen as the province of the deluded and the ignorant... they mean me I guess. The Catholic church is at present under attack from the worlds media, liberal elite and money hungry lawyers, as they see in the church one of the last bastions of tradition and independence from leftist state interference and control.The Church not being of the headchopping threat making variety offers explanations and denials but to no avail...the media want blood. I am a member of the Catholic church and I will remain so until the end as I believe in the church and its teachings...not in individuals who undercover of the church commit crimes. So misguided,weak and gullible as I am I will vest my faith in the Church and in its Pope...God bless all this Easter.

5 comments:

NotClauswitz said...

As a sop to Christianity and religion in general the TV always runs The Ten Commandments this time of year.
Go Charlton Moses! But my favorite has to be Edward G. Robinson as Dathan, barking out in a Brooklyn accent, "Where's your Messiah now, eah?" - which is hilarious when you think he was born Emanuel Goldenberg in a Yiddish-speaking Jewish family from Bucharest, Romania.
Now that's what I call Ecumenical.

Vinogirl said...

Watching Chuck espying the burning bush as I type :)

Putz said...

the lds 's church world wide conf is on this easter sunday

James Higham said...

Lovely post - sorry I didn't get here earlier.

Wartime Housewife said...

What is that painting and who dun it? It's absolutely beautiful.