Sunday 27 March 2011

Big job broke out

As the interior work on the main house starts to wind up, the preparation for the rendering of the outside will be first thing on the cards this week. The back of the house shown above is pretty ramshackle and we have chimney stacks to both raise and lower plus large amounts of repair work on the structure to do before the first dollop of lime hits a wall. Given a little luck and some decent weather (dream on ) we should get the work done in time for autumn. Working outside again after a rather long winter will be a pleasure though as I'm not sure I can stand the thought of knotting,filling,sanding and painting another piece of wood again....ever. Mind you a spring and summer of climbing and moving scaffolding isn't exactly my idea of a good time but the thought of a cold beer at the end of a hard days working the sun is a great incentive.

4 comments:

Vinogirl said...

Optimism...I like that!

James Higham said...

I'm not sure I can stand the thought of knotting,filling,sanding and painting another piece of wood again....ever.

Bit tricky to take that attitude in your trade, Thud.

monkey said...

first day of summer crack out the beers.

Sen. C.R.O'Blene said...

Chiney work done well is incredibly satisfying isn't it!

I always wish they'd put one more course on ours, but they kept to the original more's the pity...