Friday 11 March 2011

One of the boyos

One of my daily reads is the informative and entertaining American political blog powerline. This post on Powerline however had me fuming, as it is just one of many in the various American media outlets I have read that excuse the past (?) behaviour of Rep Peter King. King is holding controversial hearings (controversial if you are a terrorist loving liberal) into islamic terrorism in an attempt to discover its penetration into American society and hopefully perhaps find some sort of a resolution to the threat we face from home grown Islamic terrorists. The problem for me however is that King is a long time supporter of the murderers and gangsters that call themselves the IRA. He does so I suppose an attempt to garner votes from the Irish American voters of his district. Stating that nobody feared being killed in Times square by the IRA may be valid but on the streets of Northern Ireland and England the opposite was true. The pic above shows Manchester city centre devastated by an IRA bomb only a couple of hours after I had finished shopping in the soon to be destroyed shops. I don't feel that one gets to choose terrorists....they are all murdering cowardly shits...all of them, and Mr King would do well to reflect upon his past sins.

6 comments:

Affer said...

I was drinking in a bar in Chicago some years back when a pair of large, ruddy-faced chaps came up to me with a large can, and in pronounced Irish accents asked me for "Money for the boys at home." Adopting my best Mid-West accent, I said "Sure!" and put in a couple of dollars...to add to some hundreds already donated.

I have felt ashamed ever since.

Old BE said...

Thud, agree wholeheartedly. My first ever trip to Manchester was a couple of years after the bomb and the city was still scarred by it. As a city I know and love, that photo chills me no matter how often I see it.

Vinogirl said...

Well said!

Tim Leatherbarrow said...

I rem,ember nearly getting into a couple of fights on the streets of New York ,years ago as people were asking for donations for @the boys'. I was going to an art shop in Warrington one Saturday years ago, but for some reason i turned back ,just to walk through the door to have my panicked mum tell me that the shopping centre i was going to had been blown to hell, that was where Tim Parry was killed. The bomb was in a bin outside the artshop.
On a more cheery note ,i was in the @phil' the other week and we had a meal upstairs ,i have to admit i didn't know they had a restaurant ,but it was very nice....A great ol' boozer.
Hope alls well now the panic must be settin' in....

Putz said...

oh my beautiful beautiful manchester><><><how can i bear it??????

Thud said...

Putz...it was a terrible day for the city.