Friday 9 March 2012

Spick and span

Laid up over winter with a damaged knee I was not able to do the heavy outside work I would normally do. Taking advantage of my enforced slowdown I was able to tackle the large oak panelled living/dining room. The room built in the 1890's for his estate manager by Lord Leverhulme was in a rather sorry state but the application of several pounds of wax plus a couple of hundred hours elbow work soon had the panels in decent shape, the fireplace did however need rather more drastic work. a few more weeks work on the room with the help of the littlest Princess and we will be golden!

7 comments:

Vinogirl said...

Will it be finished by the time I get home?

Electro-Kevin said...

This place gets bigger and bigger every time I see it !

Any other surprises for us ?

Albert said...

Looking lovely Thud, million times better than the last time I was in there, princess no2 looks as if she's grown 6" or more.

EK you could play hide and seek in that house and not find anybody for a couple of weeks :-) .

Sen. C.R.O'Blene said...

Lovely work Thud - that looks like a gorgeous room, and the dimensions seem to be perfect!

Am I right?

Thud said...

Scrobs...somebody knew what they where doing.

Anonymous said...

Stunning room, that one.

phlegmfatale said...

Absolutely stunning! Princess is a lovely girl, and I'm sure she is a great help to have around.

I have a rug nearlyidentical to that one and appears to be the same size, but it takes up nearly the whole of my (tiny) dining room floor!