Friday 14 October 2016

Dads apple pie.

We have quite a few fruit trees here of all types but mostly apple.Some of them are heritage trees I've planted and some trees of an unknown age.The tree shown is I think one present on OS maps from over a hundred years ago but it seems to still be thriving.The apples it produces in rather large amounts are cookers so at present it is apple pie, cake and other apple based goodies every day but we all like apples so no problem there. We usually make quite a bit of cider from other trees including the dedicated cider apple trees I planted a few years ago but this year it looks like we are pressed for time...pressed..geddit? yes sad I know.

4 comments:

Scrobs. said...

I juiced two litres yesterday, and they're settling nicely this morning!

Our two trees are Lord Lambournes, and are named George and Mildred...

Even sadder...

Thud said...

Scrobs...now I have to name that tree!

NotClauswitz said...

Awesome trees! You can distill that up into some apple fire-water! What's the French word, Calvados? Applejack, baby!

Vinogirl said...

That's it, I'm bringing my apple crisp recipe with me!