Thursday 23 March 2017

Da Brudders

While working on the Ramones Guitar copy for my daughter I have been thinking about my love for the band and their music, something that has outlasted most other fads etc in my life. The pics here show myself and a bunch of other Huyton boys meeting the brothers Ramone outside Liverpool Erics club in early 77. We were just hanging about town (as 16 year olds did) when we met the band and by getting to know them and humping gear into the club we got in free that night....and what a night!  The sound and the impact of the band that night still reverberates through my life today...who'd a thunk it?


7 comments:

Vinogirl said...

Just great pictures...big impact! Still can't believe they're 100% gone!

New Hampshire Wineman said...

Thx 4 the 'rest of the story' and reminding me that I used to wear bell-bottoms.

SippicanCottage said...

Ha! Awesome pictures. I especially like the last one, with Michael Hordern passing by on his way to tape Paddington Bear.

Thud said...

Sipp, what a combo, Sir Michael Hordern and Paddington bear, now that's classic.

Vinogirl said...

Just occurred to me that in May it will be 40 years since you met them!!!

NotClauswitz said...

Those halcyon days of youth...and the fashions of the day!

phlegmfatale said...

Wow. Coolest teenage photos and memory, ever.