Wednesday 6 December 2017

Old rope

As part of a compilation album, cherry red records are releasing the first single my old band Ellery Bop ever released. As a first effort by a 19 year old me it is not too bad considering I could neither play,sing or write a tune, somewhat of a drawback in a musician I imagine. It means that I get paid a couple of hundred quid for something I would happily have done for free as when I recorded the track I was at uni trying desperately to figure out how never to have a job plus my kids get to laugh....a lot!

8 comments:

New Hampshire Wineman said...

Thud: Very cool, and the 'rest of the story' was well written and intriguing.
I think your blog is gaining in quality of interest and importance (JMO).

James Higham said...

From there, there was no holding you!

Electro-Kevin said...

What did you study at university ?

Electro-Kevin said...

Wow. You're in good company on that compilation.

Thud said...

Kev, slightly ashamed to say but it was politics and philosophy....you can see I was never going to get a 'proper' job.

Electro-Kevin said...

'twas in the day when it was really hard to get into university. I'm impressed.

I got seven O levels and scraped a couple of A levels but my school was really shit to be fair on myself.

Thud said...

Kev, luckily for me I had a clever older sister to push me and a good catholic grammar to beat the smarts into me.....a little of it stuck.

Vinogirl said...

Your 15 minutes of fame has turned into 18 1/2 minutes :)